Students admitted to ISB must have the following:
- No GREs required! The ISB program is pleased to announce that we will no longer require GREs to be submitted as part of your application packet. All ISB applicants will be judged on their GPA (especially courses within their major), research experience, and letters of recommendation.
- Baccalaureate degree from a science, engineering, or mathematics program. Students with degrees outside of these areas who have completed significant course work in the biological sciences are also encouraged to apply.
- Written statement that demonstrates evidence of previous research experience and commitment to a career in biological sciences.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation from faculty or scientists with a detailed knowledge of the student's research and/or academic background and potential for independent research. At least one letter must be from a research mentor/advisor.
- Applicants who are citizens of countries where English is not the official language (and the Province of Quebec in Canada) are required to submit evidence of English language proficiency by submitting the official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A minimum TOEFL score of 650 (paper), IELTS score of at least 7.50 or iBT score of at least 100 is required for admission to the program. Scores must be less than two years old. To submit TOEFL scores, use Institution Code 2927 and Department Code 45. Applicants who have earned a bachelor's degree or a higher degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States are exempt from submitting English language proficiency test results.
All full-time students receive a stipend, an educational enrichment account, individual health insurance (with an option to purchase additional family coverage), and a tuition waiver. The current stipend for graduate students is $32,000